Friday, January 7, 2011

PaPaw's Pocket Watch




This pocket watch was given to my son Josh when he was 13 years old after his papaw passed away. It has a lot of special meaning to my son. The face on it is cracked because a short while after my son received it he accidentally lost it and it had been stepped on. In fear that he would lose it or that it would get totally destroyed he asked me to put it up for safe keeping. I'm sure that if this watch could talk it would have many more stories of its own to tell. I decided to use this pocket watch for one of my shoots to be able to share with not only Josh, but also his family, and the many people this watch has come in contact with that knew Josh's papaw "Jeff Eldridge." We miss you PaPaw! This was shot in my home on the kitchen table with a canon 7d using only 1 strobe light and reflectors.

4 comments:

  1. again, really really great.
    the focus is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome I love the lighting and the watch is amazing nice D.O.F.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the top image!! Even the broken glass looks great and the feel of the image is awesome! Great job! Also liking the curl of the chain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this shot looks great!, i love the cracked glass

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name/nickname with your comment.